Model 1: Provide a screening service in schools
- Using SchoolScreener® Vision, optometric practices provide a vision check service for local schools.
- Members of staff use SchoolScreener® Vision (from a laptop) to perform the vision check.
- Check up to 70 children per day.
- Generate letters for parents automatically.
- Opticians may charge for this service. Alternatively, they may consider that the service reaps sufficient benefits in terms of goodwill and referral.
Model 2: Become an ambassador for SchoolScreener® Vision
- Over 3,000 UK schools use SchoolScreener®. Teachers, support staff and volunteers conduct the tests. This is a model that can be used in any country. See how we work with Specsavers in the UK Screening for Schools program.
- Ambassadors in any country can sponsor local schools. Do this by either partially or fully funding their use of SchoolScreener® Vision.
- Ambassadors may need to provide basic training and support.
- The Ambassador Plan provides an ideal opportunity for optometric practices to engage with local schools.
SchoolScreener® is a modular application, based on the functionality that you require. Modules may be added together to form child health screening in schools programs.
If you're screening in one location only, select the SchoolScreener® Vision module. That's all you'll need. The testing and administration support are second to none. They're designed for repeat use at a single location. That location may be a school, clinic or wherever you determine.
If you're screening in multiple locations, select the SchoolScreener® Vision module, as above. Then add SchoolScreener® District Data. This adds the capability to capture and report on data from multiple locations.
If you're using your own equipment, just use SchoolScreener® District Data. It automates all your data management, reporting, communications to parents and other administrative requirements, in any language.
Screening in schools, single or multiple, has never been easier.
For a more detailed comparison of features between the various modules, see the software products page.